3 years ago
3 years ago
Oral Sex Tips & Positions
The classic legs closed
- How it’s done: Your partner lies on her back, but keeps her legs together instead of spread.
Advantage: This is a good basic position, especially for women who are shy or nervous about oral sex.
Secret to success: Try long, gentle strokes along the inside of her thighs, from her knees to her pubic hair. This will help stimulate sensation in other areas and get her juices flowing well before you approach her ‘action spots’.
Straight on, variation one
- How it’s done: Your partner lies on her back with her legs over your shoulders.You on your stomach with your face between her legs. Put a pillow under her hips and beneath your chest to reduce the stress on your neck.
Advantage: This position is ideal for women who prefer a strong, upward stroking motion with the more textured top surface of your tongue.
Secret to success: Try using your hands to push gently upward on her abdomen, stretching her skin away from her pubic bone. This stretching action often heightens the sensation created by your tongue strokes.
Straight on, variation two
- How it’s done: Starting from the same position as in variation 1, have your partner pull one leg upward, so that her thigh rests on or alongside her chest. Use your arm to hold it in position when she starts squirming.
Advantage: In this variation, her vagina will be much more open, facing upward, so your face is in more of a downward position - which should be easier on your neck. This open position is great for women who enjoy very strong, very direct clitoral stimulation.
Secret to success: With gravity in your favour, you’ll find that saliva builds in your mouth. Use it. Things can get uncomfortable for her if your tongue starts to dry out.
Loving the prize
- How it’s done: With your partner on her back, position yourself so that you’re lying over her at an angle. Your chest will be resting against her abdomen with your head facing the foot of the bed (your face will be nose-down in her genitalia).
Use one arm to reach around her thigh, and gently part her labia from beneath.
Advantage: In this position you can totally relax the muscles of your neck while you plan your next move. It also allows for more body contact, which may help her feel connected.
Secret to success: Your best stroke will be to use your tongue in a downward direction, tastebud-side up, over her clitoral hood. Women who are more sensitive may prefer this downward stroke. Alternate this with a light upward stroke using the smoother underside of your tongue.
Over your shoulder
- How it’s done: Get your partner to lie flat on her back and approach her vagina from between her legs. Have her place one leg over your shoulder and leave the other leg flat on the bed, under your shoulder and arm. She should twist her hips slightly, elevating the hip on the side of the raised leg. (You can help by supporting her raised hip with your other arm.)
Advantage: This position is ideal for women who are particularly sensitive along one side of the clitoris.
Secret to success: With one hip raised, she is able to add some movement to aid in your stroking or to help move you to the perfect spot. Encourage her to wriggle a little to help you get it right.
- How it’s done: Tongue your partner from behind while she’s on all fours.
Advantage: Your access is somewhat limited, but she will be very exposed. This approach also allows a strong downward stroke and it’s ideal for kissing and sucking her vulva.
Secret to success: For more exposure, have her lower her head onto the bed.
The hovering butterfly
- How it’s done: Lie on your back with your partner straddling you, facing towards the headboard and bracing herself against the wall.
Advantage: This position is a favourite of many women, and it’s a good one to use as your partner nears orgasm. She’ll be able to control your speed, pressure, and the angle of her pelvis to allow you access to specific areas. With her partner somewhat hidden beneath her, she can easily drift off into her own world, which may help her climax.
Secret to success: Let her call the shots – don’t follow her if she lifts her pelvis off your mouth and don’t try to reach for spots she’s pulled out of the target zone.
Stand and deliver
- How it’s done: She stands. You kneel down in front of her. Have her put a leg over one of your shoulders, and help her keep her balance by placing an arm around her opposite thigh to support the small of her back with your hand.
Advantage: This is a great first position to use as you’re undressing, or in the shower.
Secret to success: Since her legs are not very open, there’s less opportunity for direct clitoral stimulation, so use a hand to gently hold her open - or have her hold herself open for better access.
- How it’s done: Have your partner sit on a chair with her legs wide open.
Advantage: This is a good position for either beginning the slow build-up with loose, broad, open strokes, or at the end with stronger suction moves. Your partner is able to easily guide you, and she’s able to get a full view of you between her legs, which is a turn-on for many women.
Secret to success: Access. Make sure the chair you use gives you plenty of clearance to move around. Or add an extra kick to proceedings by using a swivel chair where you can direct her movements.